Think before you call us
Yesterday more than 1100 telephone calls were dealt with, which is a massive increase.
Demand for prescriptions has increased – more than double the usual number are being requested, with > 800 requests on line on one day last week
Please help us to help you!
- Only telephone if you have a genuine medical query – consider if your call is essential.
- Prescription requests should be made online, or by placing the repeat slip, or a written request, in the box outside the surgery – please do not telephone.
- Your request will be processed and sent to your chosen pharmacy, please allow at least 4 working days – please do not contact us before then.
- We cannot issue Covid-19 advice or employment advice – use the government websites and speak to your employer
- We cannot issue letters about self-isolation or ongoing conditions – you must speak with the person requesting them
- Be available – if a clinician is going to ring you back, stay off your phone and near to it. We are unable to guarantee the time at which we will call you
Remember – the best thing you can do is STAY AT HOME.
Thank you all for your support and help.
We really understand the frustrations and are doing our best to provide the best level of care for all our patients in difficult times. Together we can achieve the best outcomes for our town